There are few things as fantastic as pure, old fashioned escapism to mitigate stress. One of my favorite activities on weekends is to sit around all day watching TV shows or reading. For those of you who live in the Twin Cities area, here are some good resources for cheap entertainment.
- Half Price Books: 2041 Ford Pkwy, St Paul, MN – (651) 699-1391. Cheap books in the Highland Park neighborhood of Saint Paul.
- Half Price Books, Roseville: 2481 Fairview Ave N, Roseville, MN – (651) 631-2626. Great Selection of books, DVDs, and CDs in Rosevilles, MN
- Sixth Chamber Used Books: 1332 Grand Ave, St Paul, MN – (651) 690-9463. Independently owned bookstore on Grand Avenue in Saint Paul. Great selection and ambiance.
- Midway Books: 1579 University Ave W, St Paul, MN – (651) 644-7605. Another independently owned bookstore on University. I’ve never actually been here, but a few friends have and recommend it.
Cheap Movie Tickets
- AMC Theatre-Roseville: 2100 North Snelling Ave, Roseville, MN – (651) 636-2664. Thursday nights, $5 tickets!
- Riverview Theatre: 3800 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN – (612) 729-7369. Awesome retro theatre. Adult evening tickets $3 all of the time!
- Maplewood Plaza Theatre: 1847 Larpenteur Ave E, Maplewood, MN – (651) 770-7969. $2 tickets!
- Hopkins Mann Theatre: 1118 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN – (952) 931-7992. $2.50 tickets!